Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Brief Update

Hello everyone. I once again apologize for my absence and thank you for your continued patience. The last few weeks have been quite a whirlwind for me. Briefly:
  • I started my new job on the 16th of April. The first week had me on a rollercoaster of emotion, but things have improved greatly since then. While I still miss my friends from my old job, the new one is shaping up nicely. I think I'm going to like it there.
  • Amazingly, now that my stress is beginning to evaporate, I am able to sleep better at night. This does wonders for my outlook. While I'll never be considered perky, these days, I am far less morose and pessimistic.
  • I've lost about three or four pounds (without intentionally changing anything). This is again due to the comparative lack of stress. Being stressed makes my cortisol levels skyrocket (which makes me gain weight by itself) and also tends to make me eat tons. Not necessarily junk food, but large quantities of food. I hate that I react to stress that way.
  • I got a new car! It's a 2012 orange Challenger! I haven't decided what to name him yet (he's definitely a him), but I'm leaning towards Bruce. One of my aunt suggested Orange Krush, and things like Pumpkin and Jack o'Lantern are always an option.
  • My birthday was Monday. I didn't really do anything to celebrate, but I am have a secret birthday party this Saturday. (Not that the party is secret, it's that people don't know the party is a birthday party.)
While I haven't been able to hit the sewing machine for a while, I do have lots of project lined up that I'm itching to work on. With the party this weekend, I will not likely have another post for this week, but I think (fingers crossed) next week should bring a new post. Again, thank you for your words of support and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment