Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Countdown Begins!

Today marks four months until Halloween! Decorations should start appearing in stores, new fabrics will be released, and delicious candy treats will beg to be eaten. I start prepping for the holiday now because it always involves a ton of sewing for me. I only had three costumes to do last year, but some years it can be as high as six. I'm probably going to have my party earlier in October this year, so I need my costume (which tends to get more elaborate every year) done sooner. I'm not sure what I'm going to be yet, but I need to make the decision soon. Some ideas include:
  • Evil Lyn from He-Man: a little risque for work, I think
  • Lizzie Borden: pretty easy, perhaps a little boring, and likely too obscure
  • Isis or Nefertiti: fun, but a bit too much like what I was last year
  • The Headless Horse(wo)man: I could probably steal a few pieces from my privateer costume for this
  • A valkyrie
  • Morrigan
  • Mina Harker
None of these scream "make me!"  I'm sure I'll come up with something - I always do - but it will be all I think about for the next few weeks.

Any suggestions from my dear readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment